Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Surgery

Larry is now counting the hours until his surgery which will be sometime on Thursday, the 21st. He is in severe pain. Every Sunday, people come up to me after church and say "Larry is really hurting isn't he?" I admit that he is. The strain shows on his face, especially as he sits on the stand. but that shouldn't be a problem, because he will hopefully be relieved of the pain and the bishopric! Not that we are celebrating that fact, we have loved this ward and the people we are surrounded by, but it was announced in church on Sunday that our stake is once again being shuffled. It was done approx. 5 years ago and our ward was left untouched at that time. However, the bishop has said there will be big changes. So, I'm thinking new callings. Larry is hoping for the library! Me? I just got a new calling, but we will probabaly be in a different ward, so I am up to anything(except choir director, the only calling that made me physically ill for the 2 1/2 years I had it).

6 comments:

Scrappy said...

Poor Larry. I hope his surgery goes well and he has a quick recovery.
I just got a calling that makes me sick. I am a teacher in Relief Society--one of two callings in the church that I never wanted to have.

Diane said...

That was the valling I was just released from! It was one of my favorites ever! I would never be comfortable in young women in amy capacity other than where I served before, as secretary. I would rather serve in the RS any day!

Diane said...

Wow! I really need to check my comments before I post! My spelling is awful!

Anonymous said...

I hope Larry does well - we will be thinking of him.

By far, young women was the worst!!! This was followed closely by choir director. I cried too much, especially once Caleb became ill. I would just stand in front of the choir and cry while I led the music. I also hated begging people to come to practice. Now my asthma is so bad that I can't even sing in the choir.

Denise

Roxanne said...

I miss primary, my very favorite place to serve. It scared me to teach in RS and YW was a struggle for me.
I hope Larry has a swift recovery. Let us know what happens with your ward.

Sarah said...

I absolutely love teaching Relief Society... I'll trade you any day. :)
I just got called to be the VT coordinator in my ward. It's not too bad so far, but teaching Relief Society is my favorite calling.