Friday, April 11, 2008

Another grandkids moment......and our new callings

I was recently watching the grandkids for the day while Heather was on a retreat and Jeff was at work for the day. We were playing Star Wars. Easton wanted me to be Princess Lea but I wanted a light sabre so I was Obi Wan. This was not a video game, but hand to hand combat. Taylor was pre-Darth Vader, Aniken(sp) and Easton was Orange Luke(you know, the orange flight suit). We were running and chasing each other(unfortunately, no pictures as Amy has my camera) and Easton had his light sabre tucked in the back neck of his shirt and a play cell phone in his pocket.


All of the sudden, Easton came to a dead stop. "Wait Grandma, I have to check my phone....I got a text!"


I love my grandkids and enjoy spending time with them. Easton cries now when I leave because I haven't been there long enough....no matter how long I am there! I have been curtailed lately in the amount of time that I have spent with them as I have been so tied up with Relief Society. Here is a picture of the results of the time spent away from them........my visiting teaching assignments are all made...at least for this month!



Oh that's right I didn't mention our new callings. I was called as Relief Society President and Larry was called to work with the teachers. Not what I was expecting at all, at least on my end. Larry just kept saying..."I hope I'm not too old to work with Young Men" over and over. Me, I was thinking they wanted to meet with us to give Larry a calling. But it was for me. It has been a wonderful experience. I will share more about that in a future post.

I started this post on the 11th and was waiting to put some pictures of my cute grandkids, but they are all on Larry's computer. It's now the 16th and I thought I better post it before I forget.......

4 comments:

Scrappy said...

"I got a text!"--So hilarious!!!
I think you will both be so awesome in those callings. :)
I look forward to seeing those pictures of your cute grandchildren, I hope you plan on posting them when you can... they are such adorable kids!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the pictures. You will be a fantastic RS president - you worry about the important things and not the fluff - which is the way is should be. Looking forward to seeing the pictures... aren't grandchildren the best?

Emily said...

That is so funny! With this story and the stories on Heather's latest post, it's easy to see Easton is a very fun (and funny) kid. I hope you continue to enjoy your callings.

Roxanne said...

That is so funny.