Sunday, April 29, 2007

She's gone and done it!





Yes she has! Amy has graduated from Brigham Young University (theY)! We are so excited for her! She is the first member of our family to graduate with a four year degree. It was a great occasion. Vice President Dick Cheney was the commencement speaker and did an admirable job. It was an honor to have the Vice President at the school. I may not agree with his policies, but we honor the office, not the man. President Hinckley was a surprise guest also and we were thrilled to see him. Larry was out of the country and nobody else could take the day off and still take the next day for her Convocation, so it was just me to witness this momentous event. We had to get in line at 2:00 and then sit for 2 hours in the Marriott Center. Overall it was a long, but wonderful, day.




On Friday, April 27th, the whole family of adults (and Amy's Boss, Kim, a great surprise for Amy) attended Amy's convocation for the school of Humanities. She graduated with her degree in Humanities with an Art History Minor. It was fun to all be ther to give her our support and praise. We are proud of you, Amy!



She and Heather found these great 2007 glasses to help us celebrate the great occasion. See the close up of the glasses below. It was a wonderful day!

It's not often that we all get to be together on a special occassion like this. We , as many others around us, all have very busy lives, and often can not celebrate a grand event on the actual date of the event. SO to be able to do so on this day was great! It makes me want to go back to school even more when I see how much she has grown as she has studied the art of the world. They now offer a program especially for people like me who have started a degree and never had the opportunity to finish it. Perhaps this fall when my life has settled down a bit, I will look into it.


I began serving in a new position at the temple this week. I am now assistant coordinator for my shift. That means that we plan the schedule and make sure that things run smoothly during our service at the temple. The time at the temple is a wonderful time. I serve with so many loving and giving sisters. I am humbled by their love and support. They are all so much more worthy and probably more able to do this. right now it is taking us about 5 hours to do the schedule for the following week. Hopefully as we gain experience, it won't take as long. It does mean waking up at 2:15 instead of 3:45 as I have to be at the temple at 4:00 and organize all the paper work before I go in.


We leave in a week for our Europe vacation. I'll post some pictures when we return.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yeh! I am so excited for her.

Nana J said...

I LOVE those glasses. We are looking forward to the update on your trip. Congrats to Amy!

J said...

Congratulations Amy!