Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Not Blog Savvy!


Boy oh boy what a huge mess. We set up this blog, hoping to update at least every few weeks(if not every week) and then couldn't get the access to it. I still am confused. so to play a little catch up...

March was warmer than it should have been and we had the chance to take our cute grandsons out to the 'ranch' and spend the afternoon. They wore us and themselves out. I will try and post some pictures of that. This one is from last year.

Larry had another steroid injection for his back. It never worked and so he has had an uneventful month in terms of progress with his back. His pain is quite severe, insomuch that his scheduled trip to Berlin at the end of March was cancelled. His boss was worried that something might happen while he was overseas. Larry hates driving any distance because the pain is too great.
At the beginning of the month, we helped Jim(Larry's brother) and Liz move to a small town outside of Shelley, Idaho, a small town in and of itself. They have themselves a beautiful home that is only a few years old with a VERY large kitchen that I would give my eye teeth to have. We will miss them and hope to see them soon. But we will for sure see them in July as their son, Scott, received his LDS Mission call to the England, Leeds mission and will be going directly to the Preston England MTC(Mission Training Center) on July 18th. We currently have a Sister from our ward who is serving in that mission and is having great success with immigrants from Zimbabwe. We are excited for him and for his family.
On the 16th of March I had my first NIA(Neighborhood In Action) meeting at my home. I was appointed by the committees and approved by the city council to take the place of the past chair who is fulfilling the seat of a city council member who was elected to the state as a Representative for our area. NIA is a city wide program that is charged with keeping our city's neighborhoods livable, clean, safe and friendly. We are planning our neighborhood service day for June 2nd and started the planning for that activity. Last year we gave over 600 hours of service and served over 400 hot dogs at the barbecue following the service. I'm nervous as I have some very great shoes to fill.
I also had my 6 month dentist check up.......I had a cavity!!! I was so upset...it's been 5 years. I know, it's a small thing, as is the cavity, but I was disappointed.
During March, we also


  • Bought our Chunnel Tickets

  • bought our train tickets for Rome to Florence

  • Reserved our rental car for Florence to Venice to Milan

  • Firmed up our hotels for all the places but Berlin

  • got Larry a portable bicycle to take in case he can't easily walk

  • finally got the last two passports for the group that is travelling with us.

We are becoming more and more excited about this trip! It is going to be so fun to have us all together for what is probably the last time as a family on a great big vacation like this. Jeff and Larry's 'vacation' will both be a week longer as Jeff has a conference for the full week before the trip and , because of the cancelled trip, Larry may extend for a week in Berlin.

So , I think that about covers March. Oh! Except I signed the contract for my kitchen remodel and will be started on that before our trip, I hope!

2 comments:

Nana J said...

What great pictures of the boys at the ranch. It looks like so much fun for them. I will look forward to seeing a slide show of your trip when you return.
Denise

Jess said...

Now that is quite the update. I am jealous of all of you and your amazing trip to Europe.