Friday, September 7, 2007

Our "date" with Taylor and Easton and other events of the week


What a week that I can't wait to end. It started out on a great note. BYU beat Arizona! WooHoo! Fall Football is here again! I love college football and the feel of a stadium full of people...the noise, the food, the game! It's the best! We have had season tickets with Roxanne and Doug for 3 years now. At first I thought it was a great way to spend time with them and visit.. but we all love the game too much so about all the talking we get done is at half time and on the way to and from the games....



Roxanne and Doug were on a cruise to Alaska, so we had their tickets. We took Sarah and her friend Happy. It was a great time. During the game Sarah received a phone call from Camille Cleverly's parents asking if she had seen or heard from her. She hadn't. We would learn the next morning that she had been missing for over 48 hours when they called Sarah.




Over the past week we have spent many hours searching for her...any sign of her. It is a heartbreaking situation for everyone. She seems to have just disappeared. For those of you who don't know, Camille was Sarah's roommate for two and 1/2 years, both before Camille left on her mission and after she came home. She moved out of Sarah's townhouse to move in to her current apartment only a few months ago. We are praying for her safe return and for her family and would appreciate everyone's prayers.



After 6 hours of searching on Sunday, we had to take a happiness break. we got to go on a date with Taylor and Easton. We took them to an inside carnival. They had rides and games and we had lots of fun, although it took quite a while for Easton to try the rides. Even Taylor thought he would be scared by one of the rides and said he was going to 'throw up'. But Easton finally rode a ride(that one) because I rode it too. Taylor soon found that it was a fun ride. It was a miniaturised version of Music Express. It went around and up and down fast and then went in reverse. They had fun on the Rockets and the Safari Jeep Ride also. We then went to a McDonald's just down the street that had a great play area and let them play for as long as they wanted. A great time was had by all.



Last week we had the chance to go to one of Taylor's soccer games. There is nothing cuter than 4 year olds learning how to play soccer. I think they all spend as much time off the field(unofficially) as they do on the field. They would run off the field when they got hurt or when the other team wouldn't let them score or when they were tired. I just hope they get some of the fundamentals down before the end of the season. The change of goal at half is very confusing to them. Easton loves the treats at half time and Taylor doesn't. Heather took treats to this game and made cute soccer cupcakes for the end of the game.

Progress is slowly being made on my kitchen.

The countertop people surprised me and showed up today without any phone call or anything. Luckily, Amy and Larry had just arrived home from a bike ride as they got there. They are very pretty, but darker than I remember from sample. I went with quartz instead of Granite. I love the look and it is more durable than granite and comes with a guarantee which granite didn't. You all need to come and see it. I promise Renee, it isn't as busy as it looks in this small picture!



This is the cabinets where my stove goes.

















This is where my pantry closet was.


This is my raised dishwasher cabinet.

This is my new pantry closet.
So I have cabinets and no shelves, a sink and no faucet, a pantry with no door, cabinets with no trim and no hardware(that one IS my fault) and no light fixtures. I was hoping to have it all done before we leave tomorrow, but it is not going to happen. Maybe the work will all get done while I am gone.....that makes me kind of nervous.




The last note here is for Jeremy.. here is a picture of those bookcases I made from Shopko cheap book cases and some stock trim. Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I bought a new camera and I am not sure I will keep it. Plus, the light in the room is not the best at the present time and it IS midnight. I'm trying it out on our trip and I will decide when I come home whether I will return it.

This was a great and cheap way to get a lot of shelving and dress it up a bit. The shelves are not really heavy duty and I think I may have overloaded some of them.







I put some rope lights on top of them behind the crown molding to give the opportunity for some mood lighting. It is a fun look. You will have to come and see them some time. It's great because they were just tall enough to fit under the slope of the roof in our upstairs rooms.




Oh, I haven't mentioned the trip, you say? We leave in 12 hours for HAIWAII!!!! another WooHoo!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is beautiful! I can't wait to see it. The camera does a great job - the lighting looks great. The track lighting in the library is wonderful, Diane. We will look forward to an update to your blog when you return.

J said...

They look great, thanks for the photos.jaujeunming

Scrappy said...

Whoa! So much to comment on, I hope I remember it all. First I want to say how sorry I am to hear about Camille. It has been on the news out here in Oklahoma and had not heard anything for several days and was so sad to get your email thismorning.
Hawaii!! How exciting. My brother-in-law and his wife live there. I would love to go sometime.
Your kitchen looks so awesome. I can't wait to see it someday.